Radio Fremantle, in conjunction with Murdoch University, offers a comprehensive Radio Training Course at least twice a year. The course is conducted over a seven-week period with two sessions weekly. Successful graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Murdoch University.
All the announcers you hear on Radio Fremantle, were required to meet a certain level of competence and confidence before they were considered for a program. To ensure this certain level is consistent, potential announcers must complete the Radio Training Course.
Some of the topics covered include a brief introduction to Community Radio and its place within the broader broadcasting industry. There is also a practical introduction to the technology of the broadcast studio and the Code of Ethics which set the ethical parameters for community broadcasters both in terms of your conduct on air and your dealing with the general public.
The fee for the complete course is $300.00. It is important to note that all fees must be paid in advance prior to commencement of the course. No late applications will be accepted. It is imperative that should you wish to secure a place in the next available course - details of the dates will be posted on our website - you should lodge your expression by sending an email with the subject line "Training Course" and forwarding it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occasionaly, we have requests to join the station from talented individuals who have many years of broadcasting to offer the station. In this case, you may be exempt from the course. However you will still be required to be assessed by the stations' training officers.Week 1A - Radio in Australia
- Week (1A) - Radio in Australia
- Week (1B) - Studio Operations (1)
- Week (2A) - The Radio Program
- Week (2B) - Studio Operations (2)
- Week (3A) - The Radio Voice
- Week (3B) - The Radio Presenter
- Week (4A) - Writing for Radio
- Week (4B) - The Radio Interview
- Week (5A) - Law and Ethics for Broadcasters
- Week (5B) - Studio Practice Time
- Weeb (6A) - Studio Practice Time
- Week (6B) - Studio Practice Time
- Week (7A) - Test (One hour)
Demo Due. Feedback on course and facilitator and listening session to demos
- Week (7B) - Farewell dinner (Group choice of restaurant.)